Today I am sharing one of my favorite childhood dinners. I know that this casserole goes by many names such as “Tater-tot Casserole”, but we have always called it Teenagers Delight. As a kid I would request this for dinner all the time and now I make it for my kids who also love it!
Teenagers Delight is the ultimate comfort food and great for those cold fall/winter days! One of the things I love about this casserole are the French Fried Onions that go on top of the cheese during the last 5 minutes of baking, plus I really enjoy snacking on them while I am waiting for dinner to get done.
This casserole is one of those meals that is so easy to put together ahead of time and then pop it in the oven for dinner when you are ready. The school year has just started and this is the first year that we have one of our kids playing a sport, so I love that I can put this casserole together during the day and have it ready to just heat through after practice or a game.
This is a casserole that you can just enjoy on its own or if you’d like you can serve you favorite veggies with it. I hope you love this casserole as much as we do!
- 1 lb Cooked Ground Beef
- 1 small Onion (Cook onion with ground beef)
- 2 cans Cream of Chicken Soup
- 1/2 cup Milk
- 1 1/2 cups Sharp Shredded Cheese
- 1 canister French Fried Onions
- Salt & Pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Brown ground beef & onion until cooked through
- Add ground beef/onion mixture to 9 x 13 greased glass dish
- Top ground beef with tater-tots
- In a small bowl mix cream of chicken soup with milk and salt & pepper to taste
- Pour soup mixture over top of the tater-tots evenly
- Cover the baking dish and bake in the oven for 60 minutes
- Remove from the oven, top with shredded cheese and place back into the oven until cheese is melted
- Remove from oven, op with French Fried Onions and place back into the oven for approximately 5 minutes or until they are golden brown