Our family loves this recipe! Not only is this recipe super tasty, but it is also super easy to put together! Chicken in White Wine Sauce is full of flavor and you should have most of the ingredients in the house. The cream of chicken soup mixture with the wine added in gives it that unique zippy taste unlike other casseroles like this. We love the crispy stuffing topping that you get after baking it in the oven with a light butter drizzle.
The original recipe calls for fresh uncooked chicken breast. Over the years I started to use left over rotisserie chicken for the casserole to cut down on the cook time. Even my kids who are picky eaters gobble this right up when I make it. I love the fact that it is so easy to put together and throw in the oven, it is definitely a regular in our rotation for dinner.
We like to enjoy this meal with mashed potatoes and top them with the stuffing mixture. Usually when we have this I make a veggie to go with this my fave is zucchini!
Chicken in White Wine Sauce
- 2 Cups Rotisserie Chicken
- 2 Cans Cream of Chicken Soup
- 1/4 Cup White Wine
- 1 Box Chicken Stuffing
- 6 Slices Swiss Cheese Could also use Provolone
- Salt and Pepper
- 1/2 Stick Butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Spread shredded chicken into a 9 x 13 glass dish
- Top chicken with sliced cheese
- In a small bowl mix the cream of chicken soup and wine together, add salt and pepper to taste
- Spread chicken stuffing over top of the soup mixture
- Melt butter and drizzle over the top of the stuffing
- Place dish in the oven for approximately 30 minutes or until the top is golden brown