“The Matt” is an absolute favorite in our house! Bacon, Green Beans, and Potatoes all cooked together in a griddle. The bacon alone makes this a go to dish for everyone in my family and it is soooooo easy to make! Most of the time I make this dish using my electric griddle but, in the summer it is nice to get outside and cook this up using our Blackstone.
This meal is so versatile, you can add so many different ingredients to change it up. My mom made this for us the first time when we were camping with she usually will put lil smokie links.
When I make this for the family I do not add in the smokie links, instead I do add in a sweet onion. The last time I made it added in a small poblano pepper. I did not tell my hubby that I added them in and as soon as he was done eating he exclaimed “that was the best batch yet!”
"The Matt" Bacon, Green Beans and Potatoes
- 1 lb Bacon
- 4-5 Large Potatoes Sliced or Diced
- 1 lb Green Beans
- 1 Sweet Onion
- Salt and Pepper
- Cook bacon until done and then remove from the griddle
- Add in (Sliced/Diced) Potatoes and Onions
- Once the potatoes and onions start to brown add in the green beans
- Cook the green beans, potatoes and onions until they are cooked through
- Add the bacon back to the griddle and cook for a few more minutes
- Salt and Pepper to taste